|"Ashes to Ashes"|
|Airdate||August 4, 2014|
|Next||Down by the River|
Walt, who is finally starting to understand the truth, realizes that not only was Ridges involved, but Nighthorse was also involved. He believes that these are the only 2 to be involved. What Walt does not realize is that Barlow Connally, who deeply resents Walt, made a $50,000 payment to Big Pine Timbers to pay for a hitman to kill Walt's wife, Martha. As he spreads Martha's ashes, Walt tells her that he's glad she won't have to see what he's about to do. Meanwhile, Branch, still on suspension after being overly obsessed with David Ridges, grills his own father about business with Jacob Nighthorse. Barlow claims that the payment was made for consulting for land development. But Branch is not fooled one bit. He tells Barlow that the payment was made the same week Walt's wife was killed. At this point, Barlow is trying to make up an excuse as to why he was involved in Martha's death.
Barlow pulls the clay pigeon launcher. However, nobody shoots at this clay pigeon.
After Walt spreads the ashes, he hears 2 gunshots. He does not know who took a shot 2 times.
The episode ends with a pile of shell casings being seen on the ground.
- Robert Taylor as Sheriff Walt Longmire
- Katee Sackhoff as Deputy Victoria "Vic" Moretti
- Bailey Chase as Deputy Branch Connally
- Adam Bartley as Deputy "The Ferg" Ferguson
- Lou Diamond Phillips as Henry Standing Bear
I don't have time to make another fortune, but I do have time to make another son. '-Barlow Connally
Background information and NotesEdit
- Someone will be killed at the end of the episode.
- Branch joins the "family business".
- Branch catches on to his father's con and hatred of Walt
- Barlow admits to Branch that there were 3 people involved in the murder of Walt's wife.
- Barlow Connally is in business with Big Pine Timbers and Jacob Nighthorse.